Friday, May 1, 2015

ROMAN SIGNER!



Roman Signer is my favorite artist!, he is a visual artist from Switzerland and his work include sculpture, photography, intallations and video. He born in 1938 and he still make art. 
Roman started later his career in art because he study art at twenty eight years old after work in other (comun) things. Usually his work is relationated with land art and performance art, but I want to think that his work is dynamical sculpture because their "action sculptures". 

Here I put one of those videos.

All that he do is about experiments! he love explote things and draw in the nature with pyrothecnics. He film everything and his work is amazing inside or outside the galery. I choose to write about Signer because I love his spirit, he enjoy everything that he do, and make art with all his heart. Is a simple man with a great personality!. Their methapors with technology are beautiful. He learn about explosive and pyrothecnics with his brother, that was firefighter.

One of my favorites works of Signer, are the camping tent. Is a video in wich inside a tent, signer take a nap or sleep sooo deep., and then ... he become to snore but outside the tent, a bigs loudspeakers reproduced the snore! all the tent with the loudspeakers are transformated, they seems like an animal.

If you want to see more works of Signer, you can watch them in the documentary called SIGNERS KOFFER in this link!. I hope you enjoy it!.

https://vimeo.com/81537224





5 comments:

  1. My dear friend I look forward to see in the same chair, sounds great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooo nicole I have seen you this way, after friday classes hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i think some day we would go far away and try to sit you in a chair with fireworks. We would have a great story to tell at Manuel's childrens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole I don´t know your favourite artist¡ his job is really amazing, thanks for share it

    ReplyDelete